Search This Blog

Thursday, June 6, 2019

Harry Potter, Again

A long time ago, my book club Argonauta read a book that was all the rage.  It was a children's book. I'm talking about 1997 and J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.  We enjoyed it very much.

That was a long time ago and I didn't remember much of it.  I did remember that this was the first book in the series and the characters and setting were introduced.  So when my granddaughter read the book and started talking about this character and that one, I didn't have a clue about what she was talking about.  So, I just re-read the book.

It is much better discussing it with a child, than with an adult group.  It was fun.  Her energy, delight, and interpretation were enjoyable.

I'm not going to write a review.  I just want to note that book discussions are better with grandchildren. 

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...