Search This Blog

Sunday, June 23, 2019

Story of A Soul


Story of a Soul is the autobiography of St. Therese of Lisieux.  It was actually my Lenten reading.  I failed.  It is over my head, mystically.  I couldn't stay focused on it.  I really skimmed across it and read just what interested, which was very little.  Sorry.  I know it's a classic.

I tried.  It's been quoted so often that most parts were familiar to me.  I just couldn't identify with her.  She's too "holy moly," or I'm too worldly.  We just don't mesh.  Near the end, a certain bishop didn't want to promote her autobiography because he thought it teenage imaginings.  My opinion, too.  But after he read it, he changed his mind. 

Sorry, not me.

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...