Search This Blog

Saturday, June 22, 2019

Cowboy Love

Me in my cowboy suit.  My hand is on my gun.  I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

You want to know why you haven't heard from me?  It's because I've been living with cowboys.  I've been reading Larry McMurtry's book, Streets of Laredo and I couldn't pull myself away from it.  This book is the sequel to Lonesome Dove.  The same characters were in it.  Lorena is no longer a whore. Pea isn't a bumbling cowboy but a responsible husband and father.  Woodrow Call is an old man.  But, Mox Mox is still evil and crazy.



Every spare minute I had, I picked up the book.  It's the best book I've read since Lonesome Dove. 

I think I enjoyed it so much because it brought back my childhood.  I played cowboys and Indians all the time.  I watched cowboys on TV. I loved Maverick.  I used to kiss the TV screen when there were close-ups
of him and I don't mean close-ups of James Garner because I never cared for him in anything else.  It was only Maverick. 

Anyway, that's why I haven't been blogging.  I've been reading and loving it.  Lonesome Dove and Streets of Laredo, both are historical fiction at its best.

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...