Search This Blog

Monday, April 22, 2019

Poetry in the Wilderness

Malcolm Guite's The Word in the Wilderness led me through Lent with a Poem a Day for Lent and Easter with reflection, every day.

I know my Lenten reading was three books, but I was only successful with this one.  I'm still pushing myself to read the other two.  This one I looked forward to reading, every day.

Malcolm Guite is a poet that makes you savor your thoughts.  Every day was Lectio Divina.  And if I didn't get the poem, Guite explains each poem.

Another thing about this book is that it is an anthology.  I wasn't stuck reading a poet I didn't like, every day.  The Word in the Wilderness had different poets.  Each one was apropos, though.  It was one of the best Lenten Journeys I've ever experienced.

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...