Search This Blog

Saturday, April 6, 2019

Doors Will Be Opened

Lectio:

IS 43:16-21

Thus says the LORD,
who opens a way in the sea
and a path in the mighty waters,
who leads out chariots and horsemen,
a powerful army,
till they lie prostrate together, never to rise,
snuffed out and quenched like a wick.
Remember not the events of the past,
the things of long ago consider not;
see, I am doing something new!
Now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
In the desert, I make a way,
in the wasteland, rivers.
Wild beasts honor me,
jackals and ostriches,
for I put water in the desert
and rivers in the wasteland
for my chosen people to drink,
the people whom I formed for myself,
that they might announce my praise.
Studium:
Better times are coming for the Hebrew captives in Babylon.  The description also applies to the exodus from Egypt. But this is the story of salvation.  Our God is all compassionate and He will save us again and again.
Meditatio:
How many times have I seen the Lord save people from situations?  I should just trust Him.  Wondrous things have been promised for those who believe.
Oratio:
Lord, You always save your people. Please count me in among Your followers.  I do perceive Your care and believe Your promises.
Contemplatio:
Jesus, I trust in You.
Resolutio:
I will telephone my sick friend and tell her I am praying for her.


No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...