Search This Blog

Monday, April 15, 2019

Dumbo Revisited

When my children were young and I was a stay-at-home, mom, we watched the old Disney cartoon, Dumbo.  It broke my heart to see the mother elephant in jail and her baby, Dumbo, trying to reach up to her with his trunk.  The mother reached out of the prison bars as far as her chains would allow.  I cried.  The kids cried.

At that moment, hubby came home from work.  He looked at us on the couch crying.  He looked at the TV, and said, "You're crying over a cartoon?"

Today, I took my two granddaughters to see the new Disney Pixar Dumbo.  I had forgotten everything except that one scene where the crying poured out.  My granddaughters cried too.

We loved it.

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...