Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Vatican

Congratulate me.  I just finished reading Malachi Martin's Vatican.  It's a tome!

 I admit that I skimmed some paragraphs and descriptions because I found them too detailed.  But informative!! I learned much.  I understand better.  I will pray for our church and priests more.

The temptations are so insidious.  The higher up in ranks you go, the more temptations you meet.

Tell your sons to be monks. There's too much evil out there.

The story revolves around Richard Lansing.  He is a priest from the USA who is sent to Rome. His assignments and movements up the ranks allow the reader to appreciate the inner workings of the politics of the church.  We meet good and bad guys.  We see parallels in these fictional popes to the real popes.

My interest really picked up when the latest scandals and information on Cardinal McCarrick came out.  I can easily see it happening in this book.

Yes,
I recommend the book, especially as a long, leisurely read.  That's when it will be enjoyed.  It is not a fast read.  But it is a good one.

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...