Search This Blog

Sunday, September 23, 2018

A Fictional Memoir

Andrew Wyeth's Christina's World


I didn't know if this story were true or not. I was riveted. When I finished I read the forward, prologue, notes, and learned that it's called a fictional memoir.  Good description.

It's a story about the painter, Andrew Wyeth's picture "Christina's World."  The girl in the story has a sad and lonely life and the author of "A Piece of the World," has depicted that very well.  The author Christina Baker Kline, knows her characters.  She obviously did her homework.  The setting, the  dialogue, the characters all fit together.  Her choice of telling the story from two different time periods was the best way to do it, I think.  

No comments:

Easter Witches

 Why not?  We have Easter bunnies, and whatever bunnies have to do with the Resurrection, is beyond me.  In Sweden, after Good Friday, when ...