Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Thoughts on the Report

MK Drawing

Are you surprised at Pennsylvania's Grand Jury Report?

My first thought was that Frank Keating was right.  Remember what he called the bishops?

Keating lead the National Review Board in 2002 investigating the Boston church's coverup.  He resigned.  I remembered that he said the bishops were like the mafia.

Tell me how the bishops in covering up the sex misconducts of the priests is not something the cosa nostra would do.

I'm ashamed.
I'm ashamed to be associated with these bishops and priests.  Not ashamed of my religion but ashamed of these people.
I'm ashamed to be of the same generation of many of these bishops.
I'm ashamed that the church hierarchy thinks the fault is with homosexuality and not with omertà.
I'm incensed that it exists; that it has gone on for so long.
I'm incensed at the omertà.
I want most of the bishops to resign.  I want these bishops to publically repent!  

That sexual abuse happens is inexcusable, worse in people representing the faith.  And even worse! is the coverup!!





No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...