Search This Blog

Thursday, November 2, 2017

A New Moral

Yesterday morning, as I was driving my granddaughter to school, we listened to Aesop's Fables.  We arrived just as the narrator was reading the fable of Androcles and the Lion.  I parked the car but didn't get out of the car because I wanted to hear how the fable ended.

My granddaughter said, "C'mon Grandma, let's go?" 

"Don't you want to hear how it ends?"

"I know how it ends."

"Does the lion kill Androcles?"

"Yes."

"Well, what's the moral?"

"The moral is that sometimes you have to do what you have to do."

"Oh."

After kissing my granddaughter goodbye, I went to the car and listened to the end of the fable.  Because Androcles once helped the lion by taking a torn out of his paw, the lion recognized Androcles in Circus Maximus and didn't kill him.  In fact, he kissed him and purred!  The crowd was amazed, and the emperor freed both the lion and Androcles in recognition of Androcles kindness and friendship.

You have to do what you have to do.  Where did she get that from?


No comments:

Sisterhood

  Sisterhood Two girls, who like to play sisters. Both wear different headscarves. One is a hijab. One is a tichel. Will we grow old? Will w...