Search This Blog

Saturday, June 17, 2017

What's a Sinner


My granddaughter and I were listening to my playlist.  There's a song entitled, "When I went down to the River to Pray."  I sing it and she joins in.  Each stanza calls out to different people, "Hey Sisters come on down, come on down to the river to pray."  The next stanza calls out to brothers.  There's also fathers and mothers.  It ends with "Hey Sinners come on down, come on down to the river to pray."

I was asked, "Who's Sinners?"

"We are.  Everyone is."

"Huh?"

I tried to explain.  We all tell lies.  We all disobey our parents.  We all are mean at times.  We hurt people.  These are called sins.  We who do these naughty things are called "sinners."  So we all need to pray.

There was no response.

The Catechism 402-421explains sin--why, how, and what.

 Maybe I should have told her about concupiscence?

No comments:

Not Ship-Shape

  The Woman in Cabin 10 b y Ruth Ware is called a psychological thriller.  To me it means that the protagonist, Lauren, will drive you crazy...