Search This Blog

Sunday, March 27, 2016

My Triduum


Sorry I haven't posted, these last few days.  It's an understatement to say I've been busy.  It's been exhilarating and soulful.  I spent Holy Thursday in the prison with my "cloistered brothers."  My catechumen showed up.  Phew!  And he did have his feet washed. The Holy Spirit is working!  My Spanish brothers played the music, so it was different than I'm used to.  Moving!

Good Friday found me at the Soup Kitchen. I worked at Cor Unum in South Lawrence, MA.  I bussed.  It's just like a restaurant.  The customers don't have a meal choice, it was fish, potatoes and broccoli, but everything else was a choice and as much as they want: water, coffee, tea, milk, juice (orange or cranberry), chowder or salad or both, cake or bread pudding (The best I've ever had.)  This was supper.  Cor Unum also serves breakfast and lunch.  It is also opened every day of the year!!

Holy Saturday I was at the prison again.  This time, the choir was the Bethany choir.  They didn't have time to do all they wanted because of the time constraints, but it was wonderful.  We had four entering the church.  Please pray for Juan, Ryan, Domingo, and Jose.

Just in case you're wondering, I didn't sizzle when the holy water hit me.  I do renounce Satan.

Lastly, I lectored at the 7:30 AM Mass.  And an Easter surprise--this Mass doesn't usually have music, but this morning we did.  Alleluia!

Christ is risen.                                                                                   Truely, He is risen!

1 comment:

Limousine Service said...

Limo service in port washington ny
Our fleet is now a collection of sedan,SUV and party limo bus.for booking visit our web page or ping at 5164843200.
www.roslynlimo.com

Bulletin for Mary

I'm composing a blurb for my parish's church bulletin. Some friends and I are "tree huggers." We're into gardening a...