Search This Blog

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Postcards


Recently, I received a postcard in the mail.  I can’t remember the last time I received a postcard.  Was it last summer?

Nowadays people post their vacations on Facebook.  Why bother to go out a buy postcards and stamps?  Worse is taking the time to write.  Remembering street addresses is the deal breaker.  If you don’t remember the address you can’t send the card.  Few people are organized enough to remember to bring their address book.

As a child, I started collecting postcards.  But that hobby got left by the wayside when I received a camera.

At one time there was a chain postcard game going on.  Send five cards and receive twenty-five.  I sent out what I was told, but only received one back.  Why am I the only sucker that follows those rules?

I think for old time sake, and also to be counter-cultural, I’m going to send postcards more often.  They’ll say “I miss you.”  I bet they’ll bring a smile on people’s faces.  Maybe they’ll even be put in the home’s place of honor—the refrigerator!

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...