Search This Blog

Sunday, July 26, 2015

A Year of Mercy


Father Nic and my "cloistered brothers" brainstormed after Mass, today.  We are planning a year of mercy.  Some thoughts:

Make a prayer card and we all pray everyday.  Make it like a holy card, i.e., a picture on one side and the prayer on the other.
Have a monthly calendar with the names of each chapter member on each day.  Everyone pray for that person on that day.
Bring in speakers to talk on mercy, e.i., Catherine of Siena, Fr. Lataste, St. Augustine.
Make Lenten reflections and send it out to all in the Bethany family.
Have a penance service.
Read Pope Francis' Bull of Indiction of the Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy.
Have a Chapter of Faults

This will begin on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception 2015 and end on the Feast of Corpus Christi 2016.

Personally, I'm going to work on the tone of my speech.  I'm not a priest in a confessional and able to pronounce the words of mercy to a sinner.  But I do have the power of mercy in my kind actions and speech.  Also, I have prayer by which I can save souls by securing grace for their conversion.  Hopefully, I can help some turn from sin and turn to God.  Pray for me.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...