Search This Blog

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Jesus' Hardest Teaching


Most people assume that John 6:57-58, is Jesus' hardest teaching.  That's not true for me.  There was a time when I didn't believe that the Eucharist was really Jesus' true presence, but when I thought about it, I realized that Jesus wouldn't lie.  And the thought of seeing Jesus in heaven, and telling Him that I thought He was kidding, or being poetical, or worse--just plain lying, made me gulp down any unbelief.  Now I need His Food and Drink daily.  It's my life blood.  But that's a different story.

What I find hard to see, is God in my fellow man.  Genesis 2: 27.  I find that to be the hardest of Jesus' teachings.  I know I'm supposed to see something of God's glory in each person.  But some poor souls don't even offer a glimpse of God's image.  Sometimes they deliberately choose not to.  What do I do in that case?  Pray for them.

Pray for me.


Bulletin for Mary

I'm composing a blurb for my parish's church bulletin. Some friends and I are "tree huggers." We're into gardening a...