Yesterday, I posted about Confession. However today, I find a need to clarify a statement I
wrote. I was reading Father Z, this morning, and he makes a distinction that is important enough for me to call attention to:
The priest is there not as a “spiritual counsellor” (a phrase I – unfortunately – have seen used to “advertise” confession in another parish), but as the representative of Christ.
As Aquinas would say, "Distinctions are important."
Search This Blog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Not Ship-Shape
The Woman in Cabin 10 b y Ruth Ware is called a psychological thriller. To me it means that the protagonist, Lauren, will drive you crazy...
-
St Dominic and the Devil by Pietro della Vecchia D Don't you just love legends? I mean stories. St. Dominic stories abound. Of cou...
-
Yesterday, I posted about a sculpture on the top of a column in the church of St. Mary Magdalen , in Vezelay, France . Meditating upon the...
-
My Lay Dominican Chapter, Our Lady of Mercy, has the best spiritual director. Today he gave us, what my "cloistered brothers" ca...

No comments:
Post a Comment