Search This Blog

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Kindness

Kindness is something I continually work on.  I really don't think that I'm an unkind person; it's just that I'm not focused on others.  I don't notice the name tag on the cashier.  I don't see that you're having difficulty doing something. I don't hear what your want.

I'm thinking of something else.

And that's not necessarily thinking of myself.  I may be trying to think of ways to help someone.

Maybe I'm rationalizing.  Anyway, I struggle with this.

This morning I witnessed kindness personified.  I observed a cashier say something nice to every single person he encountered.  At first, I thought that the person he was "chit chatting" with was a friend.  But he carried on a constant patter with everyone.  Also, I observed his customers' reactions.  Everyone he met came away smiling.

Even me.

Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.  Matt. 25:34-6,40 

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...