Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Psalm 34

Because of everything:  the world: Japan, Middle East, the Church, illness, poverty, situation at work, situations in Chapter, situations in life....I feel a great need to pray Psalm 34.  O Lord, hear my prayer.

Glorify the Lord with me,
   let us together extol His name.
I sought the Lord, and He answered me
   and delivered me from all my fears.

Look to Him that you may be radiant with joy,
   and your faces may not blush with shame.
When the poor one called out, the Lord heard,
   and from all their distress He saved him.

The Lord has eyes for the just,
   and ears for their cry.
The Lord confronts the evildoers,
   to destroy remembrance of them from the earth.

When the just cry out, the Lord hears them,
   and from all their distress He rescues them.
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted;
   and those who are crushed in spirit He saves.

No comments:

Simple Explanation of the Mass

 Everything you ever wanted to learn about the Catholic Mass is explained by Mike Aquilina's Understanding the Mass .  This little book,...