Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

YAHWAH

The Readings for this Sunday are suppose to be scary.  They wake you up.  They give you a good shake.
Isaiah 11: 1-10, Psalm 72, Romans 15:4-9, Matt 3:1-12.



I'm not going to tell you my spin on these readings, because I didn't get very far in my reflection.  All I thought about was YHWH.  Someone once told me that the name of God was so sacred, and so awesome, that it couldn't be said.  That's why Jews don't.  And the name YAHWAH refers to God because it's a word that is said without closing your mouth.

Go ahead, say it.  See.  Your mouth doesn't close.  
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...