10 hostages and approximately 7 Iraqi security are among the dead. According to Sky News The priest was the first to go when the gunmen stormed the church. The gunmen immediately ran up to the priest and shot him first. It seems that the gunmen were planning to hold everyone hostage until 2 women were released. The gunmen believed the women were being held in Egypt against their will and forced to marry priests. They also demanded the release of jailed al Quada militants.
Iraqi security wasted no time in coming in and freeing the hostages. About 100 people were attending evening Mass at Our Lady of Salvation Church when this happened.
Search This Blog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Not for Monkey Brains
How many times have I attempted to read The Cloud of Unknowing? Once, T wice ? I guess three times is a Trinity! I finished it. Once I ...
-
St Dominic and the Devil by Pietro della Vecchia D Don't you just love legends? I mean stories. St. Dominic stories abound. Of cou...
-
Yesterday, I posted about a sculpture on the top of a column in the church of St. Mary Magdalen , in Vezelay, France . Meditating upon the...
-
My Lay Dominican Chapter, Our Lady of Mercy, has the best spiritual director. Today he gave us, what my "cloistered brothers" ca...
No comments:
Post a Comment