Search This Blog

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Holy Communion

by Sr. Mary Fisher, OP

It lies nestled in my hand,
This white Host,
For precious seconds as we measure time.
During that infinitesimal moment,
Gazing at It, I firmly believe
Christ, whole and entire--
Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity--
Rests on my palm, and
I am Mary, Virgin-Mother,
Caressing her Newborn;
A sinner, clutching His robe;
Martha, preparing a meal,
Magdalene, bathing His dusty feet,
Veronica, wiping His dear,weary face.
I am myself, weak, needy, yearning
For union with Him.
"Come, Beloved, come!"
And kissing the Host, I receive Him.

from Justitia, Poetry from the Second Annual OPrize for Poetry
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...