Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Returning to Ash



Last night at the 7:30 PM Mass, I received my ashes. Also, yesterday morning the electricity went out. I thought I had checked the alarm.

...to make the story short, I overslept two hours!

I raced out of bed, threw on my clothes and went off to work. I didn't even comb my hair.

The first thing I did was go into the Ladies Room to freshen up. And what did I see when I looked into the mirror?

Ashes!

I debated whether to wash them off. Shouldn't I wear them to proclaim that I'm Catholic? It would be a penance for me.

But today is Thursday. I had to wash up; I just had to.

Did you know that in Europe, the people don't receive ashes on their foreheads? This picture is Pope Benedict XVI receiving his ashes. They're dusted on the top of the head. This custom explains why these English commentators are so baffled by Vice President Biden's ashes. They think he has a bruise.

Some people don't have a clue.

MMMMMMmmmmm. Maybe I should have kept my ashes on.

No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...