Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lies


Define a lie. Would it be something completely false? Is it not a lie if just a bit of it were false? What about manipulation? Is manipulating the information so that the entire story isn't heard, but only some parts that suit your agenda, would that be a lie?

I'm talking about the newspapers who reported that the Walk for Life was getting smaller, probably because the marchers were getting too old to walk. Where were these commentators?

I ask if they were even at the same March for Life, that I was. Granted this was my first march, but I heard the comments when I couldn't find a seat for Mass. People said they had never seen it this crowded. No standing room!

I also heard that the kids that were there, and supposedly there weren't that many, were there only because they were given the day off from school. How quickly we forget! Kids are kids. What did you do when you had a day off? I remember being in high school when Pope John XXIII died. We had the day off to go to Mass and pray for the repose of the soul of the Holy Father.

Know what we did?

Maria and I spent the day at the beach. :-(

We had so many kids on our bus, I felt like a chaperon. See the picture of my bus. So many people wanted to go that we had a "Waiting List."

Don't believe what you read. And none of what you hear.

1 comment:

Gabriella said...

You are right, Faith.
Those reporters should be fired! They've all made comments on the Walk without even having bothered to go and see personally :(
Talk about liars!!!

Thank you for mentioning my blog in one of your earlier posts.

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...