Search This Blog

Monday, July 14, 2014

Elephant Stew

Jagacida
The St. Vincent de Paul Society was selling  cookbooks, after Mass.  Since I've been looking for a recipe for Jag, I bought one.  I didn't find any Jag recipes, but I did find one interesting recipe--elephant stew.  This is from St. Anthony's St. Vincent de Paul Society's, cookbook, Taste and See, page 8.

Ingredients:         1 elephant         brown gravy          salt & pepper          2 rabbits

Directions:  Cut elephant into bite-size pieces (this will take about 4 months).  Cook over kerosene at 525 degrees until tender (about 5 months).  Add salt and pepper and cover with brown gravy.  This will serve 3,800 people.  If more are expected, add 2 rabbits.  Do this only if absolutely necessary as most people do not like to find hare in their stew.

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...