Search This Blog

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Sh-sh-sh-hhhhhhhhhhhh.

My Friend, Frankie
Confidentiality be damned.  I don't know how professionals do it.  Maybe they can keep a trust because they're not involved.  They don't allow themselves to get close to people.  I don't know, and I don't think I want to be like that.

There are times when keeping a secret has caused me too much mental anguish. My emotional, mental, and spiritual health was being affected.  I just had to seek either professional help, or help from a trusted friend.

And you know what happened?  Relief.  Immediate relief, in getting rid of that monkey on my back.  Sharing that secret brought me healing, and the friend with whom I shared that secret, was brought closer to me.  As a result of sharing the secret, I have support, and a resource I can go back to.  I am not alone.  The secret is a burden to be shared and looked at with new and different eyes. I can see more clearly, now.  


Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...