Search This Blog

Monday, October 21, 2024

Dental Sorrowful Mysteries

 Nothing brings me quicker and deeper into prayer than a dentist appointment. Today I had over a two hour appointment and another is forthcoming in three weeks.   

Thanks to the two hours plus appointment, I managed to pray all four mysteries of the Rosary. I never noticed how apropos the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary are, to being at the dentist's.  While waiting in the waiting room, I prayed the Agony in the Garden. Add the Scourging at the Pillar. Sitting in the dental chair, I thought, how coincidental that I'm being fitted for a crown, while praying the Crowning of Thorns.  Of course, the ordeal itself, was The Way of the Cross, and the Crucifixion.

The appointment was over two hours, so I also prayed the Joyful, Glorious and Luminous Mysteries. That's 200 Hail Mary's.  It helps.  Praying always helps.

I also used my rosary ring, to pray.  It was spinning!



No comments:

Dental Sorrowful Mysteries

 Nothing brings me quicker and deeper into prayer than a dentist appointment. Today I had over a two hour appointment and another is forthco...