Search This Blog

Saturday, October 19, 2024

Reprimanded

 Twice today I was told to "shut up."  Do I talk too much?  Me?

The first was at a hockey game.  I was talking to my daughter and she turned to me and said, "I'll give you a challenge.  There's a minute and forty-one seconds left in the game, can you not talk for a minute and forty-one seconds."

!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't believe it.  I was hurt.  However, upon reflection, I realized that she must have been really focused on watching the game and I was distracting her focus.

Later that afternoon, I was in an elevator, when I saw my friend hurrying to make the elevator.  I held the door upon for her.  I also saw that she wasn't using her cane, and she was hurrying along just fine, carrying her cane like a purse.  I said, to encourage her, "You don't need your cane.  You were carrying it like a purse, not using it. "   

She turned to me and said, "Shut up!"

Well, I never!

Maybe, I do talk too much.  I mean twice in one day, maybe I should really examine my habits.  

How does one keep quiet?  I'll try somehow.  I think I'll consciously review my activity every hour.  


No comments:

Dental Sorrowful Mysteries

 Nothing brings me quicker and deeper into prayer than a dentist appointment. Today I had over a two hour appointment and another is forthco...