Search This Blog

Sunday, July 7, 2024

Vacation's Over

During vacation, I read two books and listened to one audible book.  The first book was James Martin's Learning to Pray.  I think I will be recommending this book to people who are interested in learning how to get closer to God.  Many ask how to pray.  

No, I didn't learn any new techniques but I was reinvigorated in my own prayer life.  I was also prompted to go back to some practices, I'd forgotten about.  

Learning to Pray has everything, from beginner to advanced.  He offers great ideas.  My favorite parts and Martin's personal stories.  He often related his own difficulties and what he tried to overcome them and the advice his spiritual directors gave.

 Reading Learning to Pray made me want to pray better.  I hope it will do that for you.



No comments:

Sarajevo Haggadah

  The Sarajevo Haggadah is a rare book that comes from the fourteenth century.  It was found in Sarajevo.  A Haggadah is the prayer book use...