Search This Blog

Thursday, July 25, 2024

Lectio Revision

 My Lectio Divina needs a face-lift.  I have six steps!  I don't always use the last one, but still.  That's a lot. Lectio, Studium, Meditatio, Oratio, Contemplatio, and Resolutio.

Lately, I've been meditating what I need to know about the Reading, before I do some googling, and reading.  How do I know what's going on, so I have to think before I search.  What I'm trying to say, I'm switching Meditatio before Studium.  

Sometimes, depending on the Reading, there is no Resolutio.  There's no behavior change involved.  Here's the revised steps:

Lectio:

Meditatio:

Studium:

Oratio:

Contemplatio:

Resolutio:



No comments:

Respect

A former Correctional Officer told a wonderful story, today. He was reminiscing about his first day as a CO.  As he was making his morning r...