Search This Blog

Saturday, June 1, 2024

God's Omnipotence

 LECTIO:                                                                   Job 38: 1, 8-11

The Lord addressed Job out of the storm and said:
   Who shut within doors the sea,
    when it burst forth from the womb;
   when I made the clouds its garment
   and thick darkness its swaddling bands?
  When I set limits for it
   and fastened the bar of its door,
   and said: Thus far shall you come but no farther,
   and here shall your proud waves be stilled.

STUDIUM:

These verses are part of a conversation between Job and God.  Job has been pondering the question, "Why am I suffering?"  These verses are only part of God's response.  It focuses on God's almighty nature, especially over water.  That's what we're asked to focus on here.  We know God's compassion and justice, but these verses aren't considering kindness and mercy.  Stay on topic.

MEDITATIO:

I get it, Lord.  You're the boss.  I am at Your mercy.  Job gets it, too.  Who are we, when we think of Your greatness?

ORATIO:

Lord, keep me humble, like Job.  Keep me content with whatever life throws at me.  Humility and trust in You, is what I pray for.

CONTEMPLATIO:

I understand I am only a little part of something greater.  Your plans are beyond me. Have mercy on me, O Lord.


                                                           Creator: chaiyapruek2520 Credit: Getty Images


No comments:

Bible Roulette

Bible roulette is a "game" some people play.  They don't think of it as a game.  They think God is speaking to them, through s...