Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Blue Mystery

 This particular book, The Blue Corn Murders, by Nancy Pickard, was a choice forced by my library.  See the chart below.  I'm participating in the Franklin Public Library 2024 Reading Challenge.  This month's selection, June, is a book with a color in the title.  I looked over my bookcases and found this old book.  It really isn't all that old, copyright 1998, but the pages had yellowed, and the cover was torn, so it wasn't attractive.  I know; I know.  Don't judge a book by its cover.


Definitely, don't judge a book by its cover, because this book is a good read.  The author was inspired by the character created by author, Virginia Rich.  The character is Eugenia Potter, or Genia Potter.  Genia found some old pottery on her ranch and decided to take a vacation at an archeological dig.  She hoped to get a chance to ask about her pottery find.

There were others on the dig.  The staff, a cook, an archeologist, and the customers.  First one dies suspiciously.  Then another.  Surprise, all the teens disappear.  An uproar ensues.  Whodunit?

Evidently, Genia Potter is quite the detective.  There are other mysteries that she's part of.  Guess what I'm reading next.

No comments:

Bible Roulette

Bible roulette is a "game" some people play.  They don't think of it as a game.  They think God is speaking to them, through s...