Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Keep Singing

 


R. (2a) For ever I will sing the goodness of the Lord.
The promises of the LORD I will sing forever;
through all generations my mouth shall proclaim your faithfulness.
For you have said, "My kindness is established forever";
in heaven you have confirmed your faithfulness.
R. For ever I will sing the goodness of the Lord.
"I have made a covenant with my chosen one,
I have sworn to David my servant:
Forever will I confirm your posterity
and establish your throne for all generations."
R. For ever I will sing the goodness of the Lord.
"He shall say of me, 'You are my father,
my God, the Rock, my savior.'
Forever I will maintain my kindness toward him,
and my covenant with him stands firm."
R. For ever I will sing the goodness of the Lord.

STUDIUM:

These verses sing the praises of God.  What you don't see is the despair, the defeat, and hardship, that David is living.  In spite of it, David still praises God; that's the point.

MEDITATIO:

I see the very words of God quoted here: "My kindness is established forever; "I have made a covenant with my chosen one, I have sworn to David my servant: Forever will I confirm your posterity. and establish your throne for all generations."
     David has faith.  I should.  

ORATIO:

Lord, increase my faith.  I need the faith of David.  I want to be steadfast, strong, and loyal.  I plead for the grace of more faith.

CONTEMPLATIO:

Steadfast love leads to faithfulness.
 

No comments:

Hockey Playoffs