Search This Blog

Sunday, June 11, 2023

Youth Softball

 What inning are we in?
Fifth, much to my chagrin.
That’s all?
Ah, Softball.

I’ve endured the worst.
My own children, first.
Now grandchildren next,
Why am I so vexed!

If they throw it’s overhead,
they will surely miss, I dread.
No one can catch the ball,
They run and trip and fall.

Strike one, two, three
It's not easy you see.
The pitcher can’t throw.
Yet the batter gives it a go.

Look, she’s up, my little pup!
My heart gives a hiccup.
I hold my breath and will
her to drill it over the hill.

She swings and tips
the ball in the catcher’s mitts.
My heart feels very sad
Please don’t feel bad.

Mercifully the inning’s over
My pup’s now in the clover
Don’t worry no one can hit
But as luck would have it

Finally, the game is called
It's too dark the see the ball.
Who won?  It’s all the same.



Good game!  Good game!

We all acclaim, Good game!

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...