Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 14, 2023

How I Spent My Summer Vacation

 The first book on my Book Club's reading list is Foster by Claire Keegan.  I thought I'd get a head start because the book is quite popular and I might not have it read by Sept.

That's a real laugh.  This book is so small; I finished reading it in two hours.  The story tells the tale of a little Irish girl living in Ireland.  The family is large and the mother is expecting a baby.  The family sends the child to live with relatives for the summer.

The girl loves it.  The lady and her husband dote on her; quite the change from her big family.  The girl and lady do chores together, shop together, go to church together.  

At the end of summer, the girl goes home, very reluctantly.  

Strange story.  I don't know whether I liked it or not.


No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...