Search This Blog

Thursday, June 29, 2023

Hindsight

 When I place myself in Jesus' time, I know that there is no way I would have followed Him.  I don't have that confidence.  I know that I'm not that smart so I would have obeyed my betters in what to believe.  If they had said something shocking, I would have looked to those in authority above those whom I followed.

I would never have followed Someone Who told me to devour their flesh, even emphasize and reinforce the eating of His flesh and drinking His Blood.  No way! Jesus was telling me to reject the Mosaic covenant.

Thanks be to God, that He placed me here and now in these times.  I can read the biblical prohibitions against eating and drinking blood. Now I am taught that the Mosaic laws were not intended to last forever.  Indeed, Jeremiah foretold that a new covenant would fulfill the old one Jer 31: 31-34 and Ezek 36: 24-28. And Luke explains that Jesus' time had come to establish a new covenant in blood   Luke 22:20.

We do not carnally eat Jesus' flesh and drink His blood, rather we eat of the risen and glorified Body and Blood under the sacramental species of bread and wine.

I guess God really does know what He's doing.  Since my intelligence is limited.  I'll just follow His directions: 

Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life...For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.  He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him.  John 6: 52-56.




No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...