Search This Blog

Saturday, November 19, 2022

Inventory for Me

 I think copying Dorothy Parker's poem, Inventory would be fun.  I'm going to bring it to my writers' group and see if they think so, too.

Inventory

 - 1893-1967

Four be the things I am wiser to know:
Idleness, sorrow, a friend, and a foe.

Four be the things I’d been better without:
Love, curiosity, freckles, and doubt.

Three be the things I shall never attain:
Envy, content, and sufficient champagne.

Three be the things I shall have till I die:
Laughter and hope and a sock in the eye.


My Inventory

Four be the things I am wiser to know:
Religion, friends, grandchildren, Fra Angelico.

Four be the things I'd be better without:
Cynicism, shyness, freckles, doubt.

Four be the things I shall never attain:
Fame, fortune, sainthood, and a chatelaine.

Three be the things I shall have till I die:
Faith, hope, love, and God's eye.






No comments:

Sisterhood

  Sisterhood Two girls, who like to play sisters. Both wear different headscarves. One is a hijab. One is a tichel. Will we grow old? Will w...