Search This Blog

Friday, November 25, 2022

Hurry Up and Wait

 

LECTIO: 

Be patient, brothers and sisters,
until the coming of the Lord.
See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth,
being patient with it
until it receives the early and the late rains.
You too must be patient.
Make your hearts firm,
because the coming of the Lord is at hand.
Do not complain, brothers and sisters, about one another,
that you may not be judged.
Behold, the Judge is standing before the gates.
Take as an example of hardship and patience, brothers and sisters,
the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord.

STUDIUM:

Warnings preceded James 5.  Now we are asked to be patient.  For what?  The Second Coming or our personal judgment?  James isn't definite but what does it matter?  We have to wait regardless.  This passage tells us to have the patience of a farmer who has to work and wait for his crops to grow.  Note the word patience is used twice.

MEDITATIO:

I see the word "patience," used twice. I can take the hint but it is hard for me because I have no patience.  How can I cultivate patience in my old age? If I haven't got patience by now, I never will.  Ugh.  I've got to change my attitude.  What's the use of being anxious and upset?  It doesn't bring to fruition whatever I'm waiting for. 

ORATIO:

Lord, help me to wait.  Help me to take a deep breath and relax and pray.  

CONTEMPLATIO:

I feel myself relaxing into Jesus arms.  Here, I don't feel anxious, nervous, or upset.  Who cares?  What will be, will be.

RESOLUTIO:

I can't forget my mantra: All is passing; only God abiding.



No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...