Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

All God's Chillun Got Shoes

 Today started off disasteredly. First  I. Didn’t sleep well resulting in not waking until 8:40 and I had a 10 o’clock meeting.

I jumped out of bed.  My hair was a fright but I didn't have time to do any fixin'.  I even skipped washing up, never mind a shower!  I brushed my teeth.  Out the door, I grabbed coffee and a biscotti.  I made it to the Senior Center in time.  I parked my car, got out, and the first step I took, my shoe collapsed.  

The entire sole of my shoe fell off.  The shoe on the right is the shoe.  The sole is on the left that fell off the middle picture of the shoe.  

I didn't have time to do anything about it.  I walked lopsided in.

After the meeting, I went to lunch, like that.

After lunch, I played cribbage, like that.

I left early to pick up the grandkids, like that. 

After that, I went to Urgent Care to get help for a UTI.  Why do I always get UTI's when life is crazy busy?  I still have a broken shoe because I didn't have time to go home.

Once I got my prescription, I went to the drugstore and picked it the prescription--like a limping old lady.

Finally, I limped home.  

I got shoes,
You got shoes,
All of God's children got shoes!
When I get to Heaven gonna put on my shoes;
I'm gonna walk all over God's Heaven,
Heaven, Heaven.

But when I get to heaven my shoes will be perfect.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...