Search This Blog

Friday, July 15, 2022

Short But Sweet

 LECTIO:

Psalm 117
Praise the Lord, all you nations:
   extol Him, all you peoples.
For great is His love toward us,
   and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever

Praise the Lord.

STUDIUM:

Psalm 117 is the shortest psalm in the book of Psalms.  It shows confidence in God's love for us.  Paul quotes from this psalm in Romans 15: 11 to show that God's salvation is for all, not just Jews.

MEDITATIO:

This short thought says everything.  God loves everyone, forever, no matter how sinful we are.

ORATIO:

I owe everything to You.  How can I not love Someone whom loves me so much.  Help me never to forget that, my Beloved.

CONTEMPLATIO:

After all the evil humankind perpetrates, God still loves us.  This is beyond my comprehension; thank God He is God and I am not.

RESOLUTIO:


I will strive to live my life in praise to God, to whom I owe everything.




No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...