Search This Blog

Friday, July 8, 2022

Rest in the Spirit

 While at the pool the other day, I was struck by an infant's expression of comfort while she was asleep in her daddy's arms.  All the explanations I 've heard and read and seen, about contemplation talk about uniting oneself to God.  In doing that one has to let go of all their concerns, responsibilities, needs, etc.  You imagine resting in God.

After watching that baby, I think that when I contemplate I will imagine myself as an infant resting in my mother's arms. I would have complete dependence upon my mother for my needs and when I sleep I would have no cares because someone who loves me is taking care of everything.  That someone is God.



No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...