Search This Blog

Friday, December 31, 2021

The Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God on Friday December 31, 2021

The homily today was on Mary.  She is to be an example for women, everywhere and every time.  

I find that odd.  She was born without original sin, remember she is the Immaculate Conception.  Well, no way can anyone beat that.  So for what is she a role model? 

1.  She came from humble origins and stayed content.  We don't see her trying to take advantage of her position.

2. She questions God, "How can this be?"  Don't do this at home, kiddies.  Zachariah tried and he was immediately struck dumb.  So here's another inconsistency with Mary as a role model.

3. Her fiat.  Ah, here's the rub.  I hope to do this.  I hope I remember to do this. I hope I have Mary's trust.

This is what we need to pray for, "let it be done unto me, according to Your word."


Fra Angelico's Annunciation

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...