Search This Blog

Monday, August 9, 2021

Washing Your Rosary

My rosary under my pillow is a corded rosary.  Corded rosaries are indestructible.   


In the morning when I make my bed, I could find it anywhere (literally)!  Once it was on the floor on my husband's side of the bed.

Today, I changed the sheets and forgot about my rosary.  It was thrown in the wash with the sheets.  It came out better than ever--nice and clean.

Now here's a meditation for you.  Every once in a while, I posit that our prayer life needs to be washed like a rosary.  Rosaries are prayed with our dirty fingers.  I usually don't wash my hands before I pick up my rosary.  We probably should.  
 
Not only our rosaries but other devotions should be cleaned up, too.  My lectio divina practice was getting to be perfunctory.  It was reading, meditating, praying/lectio, meditatio, contemplatio. I wanted to spruce it up, so I added another book to my scripture reading.  It was a commentary, but if the commentary led to questions, I'd google the question.  Thus my lectio divina added another step--studium.

Presently, I feel called to do even more--something.  Yes, that's exactly it. My lectio that led to more commentary, that led to meditation, and then prayer, now urged me to do something.  Something to physically demonstrate my understanding of the lectio.  Help in some way.  Pray more.  Increase my prayer life.  Something!

Funny how washing a rosary will improve your prayer life.



No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...