Search This Blog

Thursday, August 26, 2021

Sage Smudge Sticks

 


This is a bundle of sage leaves.  My daughter burns these (when dried) to get rid of all negative things.  While the sage bundle is smoking she will direct the smoke to where she wants to cleanse.  You pray while you do this.

I love incense.  Since I burn incense anyway, I thought why not make my own.  I grow sage in my garden.  I picked the leaves and put them together and tied them up.  

I wasn't sure what to do with the stems.  Do I cut them off?  I know people put flowers in their sage bundles and they would have stems, so why not use the stems to the sage leaves.  I made a second bundle.



This was easier.  My fingers were better able to work and see, I wrapped up the stems, too.  Now the two bundles just have to dry.  Once dry, I can light them with a match and smell the incense.  While the incense smoke is rising to heaven, I pray.



No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...