Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

A Sure Bet

 Pascal's Wager always made sense to me.  I could never understand why once it was explained to them why anyone would choose to not believe in God.  Where or when I learned of Pascal Wager, I don't remember, but I am infinitely thankful that I know it.  It has always "had my back," so to speak.

Pascal's wager is found in his book, Pensees.  It was written in defense of Christianity.  What I didn't know was that Pascal suggested that once one can see the reasonableness of believing in God, then one should practice religion.  

The wager explains that it is more reasonable to believe than to not believe.  If you die and there's nothing, so what.  Who knows that you were wrong?  But if you die and there's a God, you had better be a believer.



No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...