Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 28, 2021

The Emperor's Clothing

 Do  you dress up for Mass?  When I'm with my friends who do, I do.  When I'm alone, not so much.  Do I think God cares?  He might be pleased that I thought Him special enough to take care to dress up.  But I know He looks at my inside more than my outside.  Is my soul in a state of grace?  That's dressed up for God.

1 Peter 3: 3-4

Do not adorn yourselves outwardly by wearing fine clothing; rather, let your adornment be the inner self with the lasting beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in God's sight. 

 

Maybe we should focus on the Mass and not people's clothing.



No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...