Search This Blog

Saturday, April 17, 2021

White Stones

 LECTIO:

Revelation 2: 17
He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.  To him who conquers I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, with a new name written on the stone which no one knows except him who receives it.

STUDIUM:  

The hidden manna is Jesus Christ Himself, who come to physical life and His presence in the Eucharist.  The white stone was used in Jesus' time as a pass to enter an event or such, to which one had been sent in invitation.  Jurors at trials also cast white stones to signify not guilty.  The new name will be given to us by Jesus which will embody who we really are.

MEDITATIO:

What will my new name be?  I bet it's the same one I have, "Faith."  The hidden manna that I receive at Mass won't be hidden at my death.  Jesus will hand me a white stone with my new name.

ORATIO:

Lord, let me not fear death.

CONTEMPLATIO:

As I age, I feel myself running towards Jesus.  At times, death can't come soon enough.  

RESOLUTIO:

I will prepare for death by trying today to please You more and more.  If I live as You desire, I will be ready for death at any moment.


No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...