Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

The Three Mary's


My Spanish friend was incredulous that I didn't know the story of the three Maries.  It is beautiful Mediterranian traditional lore.   

No, I'm completely ignorant.  So I'm asking for help.  The story that he gave me doesn't seem complete.  

The three Maries are: Mary the mother of Jesus, Mary Magdalene, and Mary Salome.  They all got on a boat to escape persecution from the Romans.  So the three Maries sailed from Israel to Greece, to Italy, to Catalunya.

Their travels have something to do with Mary moving a mountain--Mount Sinai, which is called Montserrat.

The story is written in a 12th century manuscript preserved in the Cathedral of Vic. 


Does anyone know any more??????  I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...