Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Why is Active Participation at Mass So Difficult?

Why is Active Participation at Mass So Difficult?: A long time ago at a little Catholic college in Virginia, there lived a cardinal. Having specified that it was a Catholic college, I should also clarify that the cardinal in question was of the avian, not episcopal, variety—a rather important distinction given the odd behavior I’m about to describe. I knew this particular bird who kept flying into the window to get inside reminded the author, Caitlyn Marchand of herself at Mass.

This article describes how I used to feel.  You know what is the solution?  Sit up front.
Really.


Get as close as you can.  It wasn't until I was a lector and sit beside the altar, that I finally paid attention to what was going on.  Lectors in my parish don't come from the assembly and return to their pew.  They are in the entrance procession and sit beside the altar for the entire Mass and then recess out.  I'm closer than a priest concelebrating. 
Sometimes, when there aren't altar servers, I do that job.  That's where you really pay attention! 
Note people sitting to the right and left of the altar.

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...