Search This Blog

Sunday, January 12, 2020

Journaling


It seems that everyone who succeeds in T.O.P.S. has some sort of food journal. I know this, but I don't do it. Sometimes, I use the T.O.P.S. App, where you check off how many portions of each food group you eat.  But like my attempts at journaling, I don't even make it through one day.

The biggest reason is the time it takes.  Next, I don't think of it.  Then again, there's tomorrow.

Anyway, I don't do it.  That's why I read with interest Mark Arsenault's article in the Boston Globe Magazine, "Write it Down."  I laughed while I read it.  T.O.P.S. uses the same reasoning and I actually am attempting to write down meals, appointments, and housekeeping chores, ever since the New Year's.  It's my New Year's Resolution.  I'm not perfect, but I haven't given up.

BTW, I know my picture is sideways, but the picture in My Pictures on my iPhone is not.  I don't know why it posted sideways but you can see that it's the aforementioned article stuck to my refrigerator.  Mark Arsenault's advice was:

All resolutions must be written down. That's it.  But not written in pixels on a phone.  It must be something real, such as chalkboard or a wall or a piece of paper.
     Once put to paper, your aspirations are literally brought into the physical world.  And if posted where you can see them--and they can see you--they will not be ignored.

My name is Faith and I also have a lot of hope. This time I will succeed.  I will.  This time I will keep it up.  I will.  I know I will.  I will.

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...