Search This Blog

Sunday, January 5, 2020

The Jewish Messiah

Of course, Jesus Christ is the Messiah.  Roy Schoeman affirms this fact in his book, Salvation is from the Jews.  Schoeman was a cultural Jew/agnostic until he had a personal revelation from Mary, herself. She led him to find Jesus.  Schoeman's mind was blown when he connected the dots from his Jewish faith formation to a Jewish mother--Mary and her Jewish Son.

This book shows the relationship between the Old and New Testaments.  The New Testament fulfills the Old Testament.  The Catholic Church takes over because the Jews rejected Jesus.  This was interesting.  Why do you think the Jews rejected Jesus?  Read Romans 11.

It is because the Jews didn't believe that Jesus sent the Apostles to the Gentiles.  If the Jews had believed, that would have been the end of it.  The Jews accepted Jesus as their Messiah.  Bad for them; good for us.

So Schoeman's books travels through the role Judaism plays in salvation history.  The reader is even brought to the Second Coming.  Now read Romans 11 and you'll see the Second Coming described.

The Holocaust is examined and is actually the seed from which many of our Islamic terrorist groups have sprouted.  Schoemann actually comes off as Islamophobic in Chapter 7.  He tells of the indoctrination of children and Nazism in the Arab world.  It's scary.

The book ends with a postscript that explains where Roy Schoeman is coming from.  His personal witness is encouraging.

I really loved the book.  I think I'll read it again and I never read a book twice, if I can help it.  I read this with my catechism and Bible beside me so I could look up all the references. I plan to read the books recommended by Schoeman.  I learned about other famous Jewish converts to Catholicism.  I learned so much and this book is still bouncing around in my head.  I enjoyed it so much!

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...